In Canada we are celebrating Thanksgiving weekend. In honour of the 31 for 21 Challenge for Down syndrome awareness, I thought I would mention 21 things that our family loves about Wysdom and are thankful for. So here we go...
- His smile
- His laugh
- The way he looks at his sister Blyss
- His love of music. He swings his legs while he sits in his bouncy chair when music is played
- His endless babbling and cooing
- His strength during open heart surgery
- How he always overcomes difficult times
- How he smiles with his eyes
- When he blows raspberries
- His ability to make our family and extend family stronger
- The way he sucks his toes
- Watching him use his feet in many acrobatic ways
- The way he says dada
- How he can watch himself in the mirror for ever
- How he is willing to do anything during physical therapy even though the toys are sometimes far out
- How he splashes in the bath tub
- When he grabs his sister and looks like he is going to eat her up
- The way he makes doctors and therapist smile and laugh
- How he melts the hearts of so many.
- His chubby cheeks
- How he has taught us to LOVE UNCONDITIONALLY
We love you Wysdom and all that you have brought to our lives. We are so thankful that you are here and we are so happy that we are your parents.