Monday, November 28, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Wysdom

I can hardly believe that Wysdom is 3. I am so excited for this big milestone.

Three years ago I gave birth to a very small 4 pound baby who had a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. My labour was an eventful one. It actually ended up being an emergency c section. Wysdom's heart could not take the stress of the contractions and after about 12 hours with lots of poking a c section was scheduled. You can read the whole story here.

Wysdom was born with a feisty cry. He was beautiful and that was all I saw. Pure beauty. I got to hold him before they whisked him away to monitor his heart, because he was born with a AVSD (heart defect). Although the road has not always been easy, especially dealing with open heart surgery, an ng tube and g tube. Having Wysdom has been one of the most rewarding things in my life.

Wysdom has blessed our lives with LOVE, LAUGHTER and such SPIRIT that I can barely describe it. Never have I regretted having him and if there is one thing that I could tell other mom's with a prenatal diagnosis is that your child is beautiful. We could not imagine our lives without Wysdom. Blyss loves her brother so much that she has made her own chocolate cake with decorations, bought a present and filled a surprise box full of balloons for her brother.

If I was asked to share one thing about our lives, I would say " when you get that prenatal diagnosis of having a child with DS the gloomy delivery of the information they give you and the sad faces are just not accurate". Very few tell you how your life will be enriched and full of love. That you will love your child unconditionally and that you will learn so many new things about yourself.

Happy Birthday my big boy!!! We love you more than words can say.

4 comments:

Beth said...

I remember this day so well! It was a blessing to be present for Wysdom's birth and I have enjoyed hearing about your adventures through this blog. Wysdom certainly makes the world a better place and it fills me with so much joy knowing that he is as strong and happy as he is. :)

Rochelle said...

Happpy 3rd birthday Wisdom! Hope you enjoy yourself!

Me said...

Happy Birthday Wysdom!! Hope it's wonderful and magical.

Sasha, you couldn't have said it better. While, initially, the dx of Down syndrome is kinda scary, it most certainly has been such a blessing. I'm sure people think we're nuts saying that and assume we're saying it to make ourselves feel better, but we are speaking pure honest truth.

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday, Wysdom!!!!!!