Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Sedated Echo and Crossed Fingers...and Toes

Today Wysdom had a sedated echo. I can't believe how time has flown by. In a couple of months it will be a year since his heart surgery. There was a leaky valve after his OHS so they are just doing a routine follow up.

Today I spent the time with Blyss while Julian stayed with Wysdom. It actually started the other way around but Wysdom was not having it. Well to be honest, mommy wasn't handling it. As soon as we checked in a student put a bracelet on his arm and for whatever reason(probably because he knew he was at the hospital) He started crying and freaking out. So he was in no mood as we entered the sedation area. It was quiet until we entered and Wysdom continued to scream and I could not for the life of me get him to calm down. Luckily for me after about 15 minutes or so, Julian must have figured this would have happened. Soon enough there was the secretary by my side letting me know that my husband had returned back to the front desk and wanted to see if I needed him to switch(as in I hang out with Blyss and he would stay with Wysdom). I gave her a big YUP, PERFECT TIMING!!!

Julian has a way with Wysdom and I knew that he would be able to calm him down better than me. Since I had driven 2 hours to get to the hospital and was a tad nervous I felt this was a good choice. At medical appointments I feel Julian is the better one in calming Wysdom down sometimes. There are times when my anxiety about the appointment makes me a little nervous, which I am sure Wysdom can feel.

So it all worked out in the end. Blyss had a blast at the hospital. She was able to visit 2 play areas, go to a story time session, pet a huge Saint Bernard and do lots of other fun activities. Wysdom calmed down and the echo was done and they were able to not go near the infected g tube area. So all in all a good day. Now we just wait for the results. We are keeping our fingers crossed and hoping and praying for good news.

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

praying for good news too! Funny my husband has a special thing with my son too. There are some appointments I refuse to take him to because I know he's going to be tough. he is always better with my hubby.

mandd3 said...

Praying all goes well for Wysdom. It is so neat how your husband just knew you were going to need help.

The Sanchez Family said...

Wishing you the BEST for you and for the little guy :)!

Unknown said...

I'm just the opposite. I just HAVE to be with Carly. I guess I think they..meaning doc's and nurses just cant do anything right unless I'm there! Haha!! Praying all looks good with the results. How come you don't get results the day of the appointment?

Mel said...

Fingers crossed for you over here too. Good luck!

kangfamily said...

Praying everything goes well for you guys!

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

can't wait to hear good news about Wysdom's sedated echo!!!

Beth said...

It's been awhile since we've heard from you, Sasha. I hope that you are doing well and that your family is continuing to heal.

You're in my thoughts and prayers!